Friday, October 5, 2007

Waxing Nostalgic is Less Painful Than a Bikini Wax

I sat today speaking with a friend about how much energy I had when I was a teenager. I recall, vividly, that at 19 I had seemingly limitless energy and a crushing sense of urgency. I did not sit still, I did not watch television, I had to do SOMETHING and do it NOW.

Apparently I did it, whatever that was, I'm done, and my body wants to watch television.

And that's what I miss most about being that young (for I am not old yet, even at 29... ish): The belief that not only is anything possible, but that I must go out and make it so -- The Expectation of the Achievable. I don't miss the gaggle of friends, the parties, the drinking, the fun, the wild sexual escapades. What I really miss is that joy of knowing that...

What the hell am I saying? Holy crap! It is the wild sexual escapades I miss. Who cares about Expectorations of the Unbelievable or whatever drivel I said. What we all need is more sex, more often! That'll make anyone feel nineteen again I guarantee it.

But all that aside, I really wanted to extend my heartfelt encouragement to my ambulatory friend Fat Cat and her 90 day walking program. Yes, that was my original point I'm sure.

So good luck,
Pigassus