Thursday, October 4, 2007

Walking to New Orleans

I'm from the Big Uneasy, the city that is no more, but that does a damn fine job of pretending they are. I no longer live there, nor did I live there during Hurricane Katrina, but I have family in New Orleans and visit a couple of times a year, and it breaks my heart to see what the city has become.

Anyway, back to the Walking to New Orleans thing. When I was growing up, that song was a big hit for Fats Domino. So I figure, if is worked for Fats...oh, wait a minute. It didn't work for Fats. I guess that's why they call him Fats. But I also suspect that if he did walk to New Orleans, he would be "Fats" no more.

That's my goal, to be "Fats" no more, and "weak" no more, and no longer unable to walk a mile or climb a tiny footstool. It's Day 17 of my fitness walking program. I am struggling; I still haven't walked today. But I am determined to stick the course and see what happens to my double wide and Virginia Hams along the way. I just don't know why it's so difficult. I have made this decision to get fit by following The 90 Day Fitness Walking Program; that should be it. I don't know why I am wasting so much mental energy arguing with myself about why I should be allowed to skip a day walking when the program says, "No." Maybe I am a human sloth after all.

I will post again when I walk...later tonight the way things are going.

Fat Cat