Tuesday, October 2, 2007

This is Ridiculous...

Okay, I thought that by only bragging to strangers about my fitness program, I wouldn't be risking the loss of the determination that's been driving me for the last two weeks. I was wrong. When I woke up this morning and saw the treadmill next to my bed, winking at me provocatively, I got out of bed and walked right past it, my head swirling with a litany of excuses. I finally settled upon, "Didn't we have sex last night?"

Speaking of sex, Pigassus piqued my interest with his talk of being, "well-hung." I didn't know men gained weight there.

It is now 10:58 p.m. and I am going to walk as soon as I post this. I am going to walk for one reason and one reason only...I don't want to have a blank page in my walking journal. Lame, huh? But thank God for it. Otherwise this might have been two weeks of wasted effort. The experts say it takes 21 days to form a good new habit and I am not quite there yet, so this is my most critical time. I CANNOT stop now.

Tomorrow, I'm walking on my treadmill the instant I wake up, before I have time to think about it and talk myself out of it.

However, I will take care to keep my arms covered in the presence of Pigassus. He showed just a bit too much interest in my hams. Kind of scary.

Pigassus, my dear friend, embrace your inner fat boy. Let him out.